Create a Profile
Do you have cardiovascular disease and elevated cholesterol levels?
PREVAIL is a clinical research study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an investigational drug in people who have cardiovascular disease.
The study drug is designed to lower cholesterol, specifically low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), known as the harmful or “bad” form of cholesterol.
- Have study clinic and telephone visits for about 3 to 4 years.
- Take 1 tablet of either the study drug or a placebo (no active ingredients) by mouth once daily.
- Continue taking your medication to lower cholesterol during the study that has been prescribed by your general practitioner (if applicable).
- Have 1 follow-up visit after your last dose of the assigned study drug or placebo (via telephone)
Key study requirements:
- You have a history of cardiovascular disease.
- You are 18 years of age or older and have elevated “bad” cholesterol levels:
- Fasting LDL-C of 100 mg/dL or greater
OR Fasting LDL-C of 80 to 100 mg/dL with at least 1 of the following risk factors:
- Recent heart attack (about 3 months ago to less than 1 year)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Other blood test results such as fasting triglycerides greater than 150 mg/dL, or fasting HDL-C less than 40 mg/dL (the “good” form of cholesterol)
- You are taking medication(s) to lower cholesterol (if applicable)
Note: Other requirements will apply.